Sometimes the organization's business requirement may not be met by the standard requisition approval workflow. Customizations have to be done to meet these business requirements.
Below are some of the scenarios where the approval path will have to be routed differently when compared to the standard path.
1. Requisitions created on certain items.
2. When a base line is set on Approval limit.
3. Information displayed in Notifications.
Steps to create the custom workflow:
1. In the workflow builder, copy and paste the standard workflow Requisition (REQAPPRV) (File Name : $PO_TOP/patch/115/import/US/poxwfrqa.wft) to the DB. It will ask for a new ITEM_TYPE. Provide a name for the custom workflow.
2. Add the required attributes, functions and nodes to the Process. Make necessary changes to the Process.
3. For Notifications, messages need to be provided appropriately. PL/SQL messages may not work properly in 11.5.10 version. For those cases, JRAD notification messages can be used.
4. Save the workflow in the database.
5. In Oracle Applications system, navigate to
SETUP->PURCHASING->DOCUMENT TYPES and select 'Purchase Requisition'.
6. Select the custom approval workflow and the starting process in the Requisition approval LOV.
7. Save the record.
8. Schedule a periodic concurrent request 'Workflow Background Process' for this new custom item type.